Good news for windows users, Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 is now available for Windows, you can jailbreak iOS 4.3 running on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod touch. For those who don’t know – Just like PwnageTool for Mac, Sn0wbreeze for Windows allows you to create custom .ipsw file to make it jailbroken for your iPhone, iPod or iPod touch.
NOTE – Sn0wbreeze jailbreak is also tethered for all iOS devices, means you will have to boot into a jailbroken state every time you reboot your device.
NOTE – If you are rely on carrier unclock then stay away from iOS 4.3 update.
Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch Using Sn0wbreeze 2.3
Create Custom iOS 4.3 Firmware On Windows
- Download all the required tools and files
- Install Sn0wbreeze 2.3 on your PC and launch it
- Click the “blue” colored arrow to proceed (as shown image below)
- Select required .ipsw file for your iOS devices from “Browse” button
- Sn0wbreeze will now identify the selected IPSW file. Once done, again click the “blue” colored arrow to proceed
- Now select “Expert Mode” followed by “Build IPSW” option
NOTE – If you are rely on carrier unclock then proceed only by selecting “Baseband Preservation Mode” option instead of “Expert Mode”.
- Since custom firmware building may take some time, so you can Pac-Man game
- Once the building process is done, Sn0wbreeze will greet you with following message
- Now follow the onscreen steps to enter DFU mode or follow the guidelines here
- If you have followed the steps correctly, you will get the following message from Snw0breeze
Restore iOS 4.3 Custom Firmware Using iTunes
- Start iTunes click on your iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes and press and hold Left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click “Restore” (but Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in iTunes and release the button
- iTunes will prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3 file, so select required custom .ipsw file that you have cocked above and click on “Open”
- Now just sit back and let iTunes to do rest of the task for you. It will take some to complete the process, so have patience. But once the installation is done, your iOS device will be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.
Boot in Tethered Mode
- Run iBooty for Windows and select your device from the dropdown menu
- and hit the “Start” button and follow the on screen instructions to enter your device in DFU mode or or follow the guidelines here
- Once you are into DFU mode, iBooty will do its thing and after a short while, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will be booted in a jailbroken tethered mode
- That is it ..
Well, if you have any question or suggestion, or find any error in the process then just leave a comment! Follow us on Twitter to keep yourself updated on all the latest Apple news, Downloads, Tips & Tricks, Jailbreaking & Unlocking HOW TO guidelines. [Image Source - Redmond Pie]