By the help of iTunes 10.2.1 Home Sharing feature, you can share your iTunes library wirelessly with anyone on your local network. Means you can share any Mac or PC’s media library with any iOS 4.3 compatible iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV or any Macs and PC on your network. So guys, if you are wondering how to setting up iTunes home sharing feature to share your iTunes library wirelessly then follow the guidelines just from below.
How to Enable iTunes Home Sharing
- Launch iTunes from your computer
- Click on Advanced menu, and select “Turn On Home Sharing”
- A login screen will appear enter your Apple ID and password to identify your Home Shares
- and then click on “Create Home Share” button
- That is it, you are successfully managed the iTunes library for sharing
- That is it..
How to Access iTunes Home Sharing from an iOS Device
- Download and upgrade iOS 4.3 IPSW file,
- Once done, Tap on “Settings”
- Tap on “iPod”
- and scroll down to “Home Sharing” and enter the same AppleID and password you used to setup Home Sharing on your Mac/PC with iTunes
- then Exit “Settings” and tap on iPod again
- and tap on the “More” tab
- Tap on “Shared” (located at the bottom of the list)
- Select the computer name of the shared library you want to access
- Now you will be in familiar iPod app
- Make sure that you have the iTunes Home Share of the computer you selected, includes music, playlists, and video
- that’s it..You can now have the full access to your computers iTunes media library and playlists directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
How to Access iTunes Home Sharing from another Mac or Windows PC
- Follow the above instructions to to enable Home Sharing on the local machine. (Note – Enter the same Apple ID)
- Look iTunes sidebar under “Sharing” and select the shared library name you want to access
- That is it .. So simple.
Stay tuned for more updates like this. Well, if you have any question or any other cool/useful tips to share with, then just leave them in comments!